The TBA Platform
The TBA Platform offers advice and consulting to investors and to entrepreneurs so that they can exchange information and explore avenues for investment.
TBA also allows access to the TBA platform to Organizations for use by their members with a view to facilitating business and investment opportunities that may exist for entrepreneurs and investors.
- On the TBA Platform via specified emails ids.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means.
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content.
What is “personal data”?
“Personal data” is any data that (1) is recorded in any form, (2) is about or pertains to a specific individual, and (3) can be linked to that individual. For example, and without limitation, your first and last names, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information, and the deals in which you have participated are “personal data.”
When you interact with the TBA Platform -We also collect personal data that you provide when you interact with the TBA Platform such as, for example, by sending a message or uploading documents, or when exchanging correspondence with us such as through support emails.
When you use your account -We collect information that you provide or create when you use your account:
* If you are classified as an Investor, you may record in your profile within your Organization’s information about yourself, such as your contact information, picture, biography, experience, or other groups to which you belong. While the Organization’s name will be name public, we will also be authorized automatically to use and disclose investor information at our sole discretion.
* If you are an entrepreneur, and you represent a company that is seeking investors, you may record information about yourself, your company, and your company’s management team. You may also include a video recording or picture. All information you put onto the TBA Platform will be available to other investors and entrepreneurs and members. So make sure that you send us the information that we can share with investors, other entrepreneurs, and third parties.
How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data directly from you when you provide it through your use of the TBA Platform, such as in emails or when you fill out forms that are displayed on the TBA Platform.
For what purpose will my personal data be used?
TBA uses your personal data to maintain your account and to provide you with the group and deal-flow management and other services offered on the TBA Platform. We also use your personal data to respond to requests that you make of us, and to contact you, and provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use your name and contact information to make queries to social networking and other sites, such as LinkedIn, for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, verifying your identity, and showing you how you are linked or connected to other individuals who are also TBA users.
Your personal data may also be shared with companies in the TBA family of companies or with third parties at our sole discretion.
* Service Providers – TBA may engage other companies and individuals to perform necessary business functions on behalf of TBA (e.g. customer service or email provider). If it is necessary to perform these functions, these companies or individuals may have access to the personal data of our users. These service providers have agreed not to use the personal data for any other purpose other than providing the required services.
* Legally Required Disclosure -Under certain circumstances, disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. TBA may disclose your personal data (1) if, in its own best judgment, it is required to do so in order to comply with a facially valid judicial or governmental subpoena, warrant, or other order, or (2) to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or (3) in connection with the exercise or defense of its rights.
* Change of Ownership – If the ownership of TBA changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or transfer to another company, new partners induction, your personal data may be transferred to the successor and or additional entities without any intimation to you whatsoever.
Sharing with 3 rd. Parties
3 rd. Parties are companies unaffiliated with the TBA Platform. We may share your personal data with 3rd parties at our sole discretion so that they can market their products or services to you.
Can I access or change my personal data?
If your personal data changes, you may correct, update, or amend by making the change on our member information page or by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com. If you wish to delete/remove/deactivate your profile or remove your testimonial from our site please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active to provide you with services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We display video testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your video testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you choose to invite a user to our platform, we will ask you for a name and email address. We will automatically send your invite a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site.
Aggregated data are packaged and licensed to third parties such as governments, economic development agencies, and financial institutions.
Data about industries and geographies related to companies seeking investors and those successfully obtaining investments may be disclosed on our website and to other agencies that we deem fit at our sole discretion.
What is Website Data, and how is it used?
Website data is aggregated data about the overall traffic to, and usage of the TBA Platform. Examples include the number of visitors to the thebengaluruangels.com website and the number of registered users of the TBA Platform. TBA may extract and use website data for internal purposes, in order to analyze the performance of the TBA Platform and applications. For example, we may use these data for traffic analysis and business decision-making, in order to determine how we can improve our site or its functionalities.
What about Uploaded Documents?
Documents that are uploaded to the TBA Platform for sharing are stored at a third-party data-storage service. All uploads and downloads are transmitted through the web between users and the data storage service. However, uploaded documents are neither stored redundantly nor backed up. Therefore, we recommend that TBA users keep backup copies of their documents if they upload them to the thebengaluruangels.com website.
When will TBA contact me?
firstname.lastname@example.org will provide the contact number and the name of the person who would be ready to take calls at a prefixed and confirmed time.
Links to other websites
TBA may provide links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these sites. In order to safeguard your privacy, please review the privacy policies of any sites that you may visit before providing any personal data to these third-party sites.
Limitation of Liability
The Bengaluru Angels exercise reasonable efforts to safeguard the security and confidentiality of your personal data; however, transmissions protected by industry-standard technology and administered by humans cannot be guaranteed to be secure. The Bengaluru Angels will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of TBA including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone who uses your user ID and password, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of The Bengaluru Angels employees.
You will have the right to terminate your account at any time.