Mr. Kirti Kant Acharya is an alumnus of IIT Kharagpur, having completed his B.Tech (Hons) in Metallurgical Engineering in 1976 from IIT Kharagpur and then his M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur, in 1978.
Solar Energy has been a passion for him and he has been associated with Solar Energy Industry for a very long time as a professional, beginning in 1983 as a Dealer for Jyoti Ltd, Energy Division.
In Solar Industry, he has worked in various senior positions, as mentioned below:
* General Manager in Conergy Renewable Energy India Ltd, the Indian subsidiary of Conergy AG of Germany.
* Additional Director, Sardar Patel Renewable Energy Research Institute.
* Director – Projects & Business Development in a solar EPC company.
Presently, he is active as Proprietor of ASSK Enterprises, an independent consulting organization in the field of design, engineering, installation, and commissioning of both MW scale solar PV Power plants, and rooftop solar power plants.
* Consultant- Merino Industries Ltd:- 870 kWp rooftops on 7 factory roofs.
* Consultant- Mallige Educational Foundation: 1 MW ground-mounted Solar Plant under Feed-in-Tariff of Rs 8.40 with Karnataka Government (Farmer’s Quota).
* Consultant – Solar Power Plants, Orchestrate Systems Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
He has varied hands-down technical experience, both in Solar Thermal as well as in Solar PV Power plants, as mentioned below.
* 5 MW Solar PV Power Plant at Shivlakha, Kutchh, Gujarat for Backbone Enterprises Ltd.,
* 1 MW Solar Plant at Katare Spinning Mills Ltd, Solapur.
* 100 kWp capacity rooftop solar PV Power plant at O.P.Jindal Global University, Sonepat.
* 100 kWp Solar PV Power Plant for Aditya Birla group at Ultratech Cement, Chittorgarh.
He also has experience in solar thermal systems, namely, solar hot water system for SAIL Bokaro Steel Plant (5000 LPD with DTC control), Solar Street Lights, large-scale solar desalination plant for Eastern Railway, NEDA, etc.
Presently, he is working on developing a customized Solar Power solution for Cold Storages in areas with no grid supply/very irregular grid supply.